Drafting Effective Construction Contracts
For construction-related legal advice and representation, the San Mateo-based law firm of Last, Faoro & Whitehorn is focused exclusively on assisting clients with legal issues related to construction law. Our knowledgeable attorneys offer extensive experience handling transactions involving everything from preparing contracts and contract review to contract bidding and negotiation and all aspects of construction litigation.
What Type Of Contract Do You Need?
Contract disputes related to terms and interpretations of prime contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders can significantly increase the cost of California building projects. Our construction lawyers regularly draft original contracts and modify industry-standard contracts drafted by the American Institute of Architects (AIA), ConsensusDocs contract documents and the Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee (EJCDC). By recognizing which clauses favor architects, general contractors and subcontractors, our attorneys are able to help our clients ensure that the contracts protect their interests in large construction projects.
Our law firm regularly provides representation to a wide variety of clients in the construction industry, including private and public property owners and developers, general contractors and subcontractors, suppliers, architects and engineers, sureties and others involving:
- Preparation of construction contracts
- Preparation of prime contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, owner/architect agreements and other key construction contract documents and forms
- Modifications to form contracts drafted by ConsensusDocs, the AIA and the EJCDC to meet the needs of the client and the project
- Drafting design agreements
- Indemnity clauses as well as work and payment clauses
- Surety agreements
- Federal, state and local government construction contracts
- Contract terminations
- Regulatory compliance matters
- Contract disputes via litigation, mediation or arbitration
Please contact the skilled attorneys at Last, Faoro & Whitehorn regarding any legal matter related to a private or government construction contract preparation. Our attorneys can be reached by calling 650-696-8350 or filling out the contact form.